Find Your Light Workshop -June 2021
The world has changed since the last Find Your Light workshop. Unfortunately the circumstances here in Alberta right now don’t allow for our typical in person weekend workshop experience. When the universe throws you a curve ball you pivot! And in that pivot we discovered that we could offer so much more than ever before!
This is the new hybrid version of the Find Your Light Workshop! We have created a very special opportunity - an interactive mentorship with the benefits of an in person shooting workshop! So what does that mean exactly?
• Over the course of 5 weeks we will work through specific modules via zoom in a smaller group format with only 8 seats available. This structure will give time for information to really sit with you and absorb.
• Through optional at home assignments paired with each zoom lesson, we will encourage practice and offer feedback on assignments. Then you can truly utilize your new skills at our photo sessions.
• Two in person styled shoots (safely and following restrictions) curated specifically for this event! See exactly how I shoot and manage sessions! One will be dramatic lighting in the beautiful barn I recently used and the other will be a dreamy golden hour family session in Drumheller.
• Guest speaker - Life Coach Katie Brand of Katie Brand Co. providing tools to improve your resilience and utilize your natural strengths.
• You will receive learning material to reference in the future including an in-depth full length editing video, location scouting video, Find the Light Presets with tutorial on using them & full PDF of all the details we go through!
This workshop format will encourage and foster the opportunity to bond with fellow photographers, build your portfolio and be mentored without the pressure of a jam packed weekend.
The following topics will be covered via the online weekly sessions and the styled shoots:
- How to recognize types of light and how to shoot them - including ideal settings for each scenario.
- Styling, posing and bringing you vision to life via model calls - how to from start to finish
- Principles to strengthen your images with technical knowledge, including composition & colour use
- My exact editing process from start to finish with lightroom & photoshop. Including my favourite tools & tricks, how to use the Find the Light presets, and how to make your own.
- Finding your voice, your why and avoiding comparison & self doubt
- Setting your business up for success
Our hope for attendees is that they leave with new skills, new connections, more confidence and the ground work to set up the photography business of their dreams!
TIME COMMITMENT - Zoom Classes
The workshop will include 5 two hour zoom sessions running on Wednesday evenings from 7-9pm MST session dates - June 9th, 16th, 23, 30 & July 7th, 2021
Styled Sessions day- June 26th, 2021 all day - Location Airdrie & Drumheller
Shooting day begins at 10am with a break for lunch and downtime after our first session. We will regroup for an outdoor dinner & discussion (safely and following restrictions) followed by our golden hour session and concluding just after sunset.
REQUIREMENTS- knowledge of shooting in manual is an asset but not a deal breaker. We will be doing lots of technical work and discussion before our sessions to make sure everyone is up to speed with their cameras. Having some experience in manual would be helpful!
FULL SEAT INVESTMENT- $1895+gst Payment plans available! Want to pay via e-transfer? No worries, send us a message and we will get you an invoice!
***Seats are non-refundable, but can be transferred to someone else if required.***