Find Your Light Workshop -AUGUST 2022
After Covid forced us to redesign how we offered our Workshop, we discovered this new version gave our attendees more opportunity for growth than ever before! This immersive structure not only gives more focused time for learning, but also allows time for lessons to sink in, get feedback and practice new skills before using them at shoot day!! Huge growth was seen by all of our Hybrid attendees, and we can't wait to see what everyone creates in 2022 with us!
This is the hybrid version of the Find Your Light Workshop!
We have created a very special opportunity - an interactive mentorship with the benefits of an in person shooting workshop! So what does that mean exactly?
• Over the course of 5 weeks we will work through specific modules via zoom in a smaller group format with only 6 seats available. This structure will give time for information to really sit with you and absorb.
• Through optional at home assignments paired with each zoom lesson, we will encourage practice and offer feedback on assignments. Then you can truly utilize your new skills at our photo sessions.
• Two in person styled shoots curated specifically for this event! See exactly how I shoot and manage sessions! One will be dramatic indoor lighting intimate maternity session and the other will be a dreamy golden hour urban family session in Calgary!
• You will receive learning material to reference in the future including an in-depth full length editing video, location scouting video, Find the Light Presets with tutorial on using them & full PDF of all the details we go through! All zoom sessions and homework feedback are recorded and available for download so you can rewatch anytime you like!
This workshop format will encourage and foster the opportunity to bond with fellow photographers, build your portfolio and be mentored without the pressure of a jam packed weekend.
The following topics will be covered via the online weekly sessions and the styled shoots:
- How to recognize types of light and how to shoot them - including ideal settings for each scenario and utilizing your light meter.
- Styling, posing and bringing your vision to life via model calls - how to - from start to finish
- Principles to strengthen your images with technical knowledge, including composition & colour use
- My exact editing process from start to finish with lightroom & photoshop. Including my favourite tools & tricks, how to use the Find the Light presets, and how to make your own.
- Finding your voice, your why and avoiding comparison & self doubt. Personal projects & Self portraits
- Setting your business up legally for success
Our hope for attendees is that they leave with new skills, new connections, more confidence and the ground work to set up the photography business of their dreams!
TIME COMMITMENT - Zoom Classes
The workshop will include 5 two hour zoom sessions running on Wednesday evenings from 7-9pm MST session dates - August 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th & 31st, 2022
Styled Sessions day- August 27th, 2022 all day - Location Calgary & Bragg Creek.
Shooting day begins at 10am with a break for lunch and downtime after our first session. We will regroup for an outdoor dinner & discussion (following any restrictions if in place) followed by our golden hour session and concluding just after sunset.
REQUIREMENTS- Knowledge of shooting in manual is an asset but not a deal breaker. We will be doing lots of technical work and discussion before our sessions to make sure everyone is up to speed with their cameras. Having some experience in manual would be helpful!
FULL SEAT INVESTMENT-
REGULAR PRICE $2095
Payment plan schedule - First instalment due at booking followed by payments on or before the following dates - June 17th & July 15th, 2022.
Want to pay your first instalment via e-transfer? No worries, send us a message and we will get you an invoice!
***Seats are non-refundable, but can be transferred to someone else if required.***